Monday, October 04, 2004

Sonnets

I was going through some stuff from Argentina tonight looking for a poem that I wrote for a girl. I remember it being much better than it was when I read it. I'll post it (and its three other sonnet friends) sometime within the next week.

I really do need to revise the one for the girl. I can't believe how bad it is and how good I thought it was. Ha ha ha. Good, old nostalgia ruining my good writing again.

In related news, for Taggart's class we were to listen to Larry Woiwode (poet laureate of ND) speak today. He basically filled our hearts with gloom, saying that we must write at least four hours a day to make it as writers, and then only the best will make it. Jerk. (Joke for Erik: I wonder if Relay counts for "four hours" of writing a day.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home