Thursday, September 09, 2004

Well, if anyone is reading, enjoy!

Hey all,

If anyone is still out there in the aaa world, I hope you enjoy these two poems that I already sent off to Kris via email.

I hope School and Alaska are going well. I just read an interesting forgotten law in Alaska: It is illegal to push a moose out of a flying airplane.......interesting. With that said, Erik, you have been forewarned!

Well here are the poems; enjoy, comment, or just sit on it :-)

1st Poem:

America, How Beautifully Boiled in Hotdog Water
By Chris Lindgren

America’s within a salty sea
And see fishers of men cooking hotdogs
While beatifying the smooth skinned meal,
Breaking bread to insert well-fared Oscar

From sea to shining sea.

How beautiful our brotherhood is boil’d.
Wickedly Vivid onliners think so.
So should you, clandestine father with son,
Googling, “Wicked ways to use hotdogs,”

From sea to shining sea.

A blind man once sung of America.
He saw spacious skies, liberty in law,

Purple mountains above the fruited plain.
But I see hotdogs buoyantly bouncing

From sea to shining sea.

America, America,

Is it his grace that God still sheds on thee?
Or is it justly, just fishers of men?
Steaming dogs they eat, reaped from the water
Thou salty the water smells, impure it be

From sea to shining sea.

2nd Poem:

Not Bitter, but Not

By Chris Lindgren after S. Crane

A woman licking a pillar,
salty and plump,
procured of a man
accusing—
she says:

I like it because it is bitter
he says:
I am not bitter, though
you should try my heart.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home