Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Sorry to offend!

Ah, I think I'm going to just stop posting comments in reply, anyway. No hard feelings. I didn't mean to offend, I sensed some taken, and if so, I'm sorry. I was just curious if people have read any of the previous comments that I've written - that's my issue. There were some witty things that are now ancient. (I made the supposition because neither you, Erik, nor Beakman have posted in a "comment.") No reason to start, though, we'll just keep it all out front - that's the best way to negotiate it anyway.

Anyway, how is the semester now? Are you getting along better Sarah?

Robert, are you going to send me back the collab. or what? I'm waiting on you for as long as you've waited on me. Also, I don't think you knew when you purchased the Baudelaire (or maybe you did) that you were giving me the PoV of a pre-modernist (a harbinger of Eliot, I might say). It's he and other French writers that created the monster that today we call the bane of modern poetry--TS Eliot.

I really appreciated reading the Shapiro essays if you haven't already received my thanks on a previous post. If you (the collective you - Sarah, Chris, Erik) get a chance, you should check out In Defense of Ignorance - a collection of anti-Modernist essays by Karl Shapiro. Good stuff.

And if we spirits have offended,
Think but this and all is mended...

Okay, so my memory of Shakespeare has gone to...shit. That was from MSND.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home